Writing an application can be a daunting task, whether it is for a job, an internship, or a scholarship. It is easy to get lost in the technicalities and end up submitting a mediocre application. However, a well-written application can make a significant impact and increase your chances of success. In this blog post, we will discuss some tips and tricks that will help you master the art of write an application (Bewerbung schreiben).
1. Read the instructions carefully: Before starting to write, read the instructions or guidelines carefully. Follow the instructions as per the requirement, for instance, the word count, format, or structure. If you are given a specific topic, ensure that you understand it well and address it thoroughly. Skipping the instructions can lead to automatic disqualification of your application. So, take the time to read and understand them well.
2. Research about the Company/Organization: If you are applying for a job or an internship, it is essential to research the company or the organization. Gather as much information as you can about the company’s culture, values, and mission. This will help you tailor your application to the organization’s needs and increase your chances of being selected. Additionally, it also provides insights about the company’s expectations, which can guide you while writing the application.
3. Highlight your achievements: Applications are about highlighting your achievements and making a positive impression. Therefore, it is crucial to list your achievements, skills, and experiences that align with the requirements. For instance, if you are applying for a scholarship, list academic achievements or extracurricular activities that demonstrate leadership or community involvement. Use action verbs, quantify your achievements and use specific examples to make your application stand out.
4. Proofread and edit: Proofreading and editing your application is crucial before submitting it. Make sure that it follows the guidelines and is free from any grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. It is also essential to get a second opinion from someone else to provide you with feedback or suggestions. This will help you identify any areas for improvement, and you can make the necessary changes before submitting. Remember, the quality of your application reflects your attention to detail and professionalism.
5. Submit it on time: Submitting your application on time is critical. Late submissions can lead to rejection of your application, no matter how impressive it is. Therefore, keep track of the deadline and ensure that you submit well in advance. This will give you ample time to double-check and make any last-minute changes.
In conclusion, writing an application is a crucial step towards achieving your goals. Follow the instructions, research about the company, highlight your achievements, proofread and edit your application and submit it on time. Mastering the art of writing an application takes time, but with practice, you can improve and perfect the skills. Remember, a well-written application can make a considerable impact and increase your chances of success.